My cousin Jay Bordeaux is one of the most creative people I know, both creating furniture and music. A little while ago he made some coat hangers out of light bulbs and gave a pair to my girlfriend. I took this opportunity to get creative as well. So I took three pictures and tried to merge them in Photoshop, quite difficult to be honest.
Below are three pictures merged, one for the background and two of myself. A few lessons I learned are:
- All pictures should be made in the same light setting
- The exposure of the pictures should match
- Think about depth-of-field and aspect ratio when merging photos
- Draw what you have in mind before executing
- Shadows are difficult to recreate
- If you “Photoshop” a person into a picture, don’t get the borders to edgy
Like I said, it was rather difficult for a first time and I am not quite satisfied, but practice makes perfect doesn’t it?