My dear fellow blogger Xin nominated me for the Liebster Award (thank you Xin!). An award for (new) bloggers, to introduce themselves in the world of blogging. The rules are easy: answer 11 questions by the nominator, state 11 random facts about yourself, and nominate 11 others. I had to think about accepting the award for a while (would I like to share more personal information and do I have the time?), but decided it was fun to participate. In this blog you will find out more about me along with a few pictures. After all, I am blogging about photography!
Like stated, the rules are simple. Here is a small reminder:
- Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy the Liebster Logo and paste it onto your own blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their respective blogs.
- In your blog post about the Liebster Award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 Questions by the person who nominated you
- List 11 Random Facts about yourself
- Nominate, and link to three- eleven(11) other blogs which you enjoy and have fewer than 3,000 followers.
- List 11 Questions for your nominees.
These are the questions asked by the nominator:
1. What motivates you to write?
I have been writing for a while. Mainly for fun, but also to learn, to share, create a stage for myself, and as a form of meditation – It takes my mind of the daily routines.
2. Where do you write? Name your favourite places to write.
At the dining table in the living room of our apartment in Hilversum, The Netherlands.
3. Do you remember when you started writing?
I started blogging in October 2014, however I started writing years ago. I played basketball for seven years and every now and then after a game I wrote a report on the game for my clubs website.
4. What calms you down?
Landscape photography. Just me alone in nature with my camera.
5. When you travel, would you choose to have a definite route or would you want the trip to be spontaneous?
As a landscape photographer it is important to be prepared and define a route. I don’t want to lose an opportunity to capture a great landscape and watch great scenes. However, I tend to move away from the touristic spots. For example: Wandering the small streets in Venezia, Italia is just as great as watching the canals!
6. Would you go on a trip with a stranger or travel alone?
I’ll travel alone and meet strangers 🙂
7. What are your frustrations in life, talents or skills you wished you have?
I am happy with me, but I would like to be a better photographer. Maybe my frustration in life is not accepting that not being the best is good enough.
8. What is your favourite country?
I don’t have any. Wherever my home is I guess.
9. Hot drinks or cold drinks?
Cold (or coffee).
10. Parties or movie marathon at home?
I am way too restless to watch movies. I am kind of a loud guy, so I’ll bring your party alive 😉
11. What was your childhood dream and how did it change over the years?
My childhood dream was to capture nature with a camera (see my introduction). I guess it didn’t change!
Random facts about me
1. I love sports. I used to play basketball and used to do boxing. Due to a busy work-life I quit sports and started running three times a week.
2. People give me energy and make me love my job.
3. People take a lot of my energy.
4. I’ll share a great whisky any day!
5. I used to read a lot as a kid, but I am way too restless now and only read a little about photography.
6. I love the Italian, Dutch, and Greece kitchen.
7. I think Belgium beer is the best beer.
8. Photography is one of my biggest passions.
9. At work I am selected for a talents programme called “Future Leaders” and sometimes I wonder if I truly am a “Future Leader”.
10. I’ll never leave the house without doing my hair (is that weird?).
11. I come from a big family and love spending time with them, but I don’t like christmas!
I have decided to nominate the following people (make sure to check out their blogs!):
- Nomzi Kumalo
- Ann Badjura
- Sada Wayans
- Gin (Darwin on the rocks and around the world)
- Slight Impression
- Wanderlust and wild things
- Dinner for (n)one
- The Girl Who Clicked
My questions for these people are:
- When do you feel like blogging?
- When do not you feel like blogging?
- What do you prefer: A like, a re-blog, or a comment on your posts?
- For what fun reason can people wake you up at night?
- If you are not able to do what you like most for a year, what would you do?
- Three times a week pizza, or three times a week being active outdoors?
- Read a book, or watch a movie?
- What are your talents?
- What are your pitfalls?
- What would it take for you to change jobs, school, or any daily activity?
- Complete the next sentence: I am traveling and in my bag are at least these three items.. (besides the obvious)